Ralston Public Schools Strategic Plan
Purpose & Direction
A community dedicated to achieving excellence through purposeful instruction and nurturing a climate of hope.
Cultivating resilient citizens prepared for the diverse demands of the future.
The District's Strategic Plan priorities came out of feedback and analysis from the following:
- Cognia External Engagement Review
- NASB Community Engagement Process
- Board of Education Superintendent Evaluation and Review
- Humanex InsightEX Assessment Results
The District's Strategic Plan was formed around these guiding themes.
- Rigor and High Expectations
1) District Facilities
• 1.1 Develop and execute a short (1-3 years) and long-term (3 to 20 years) facility plan that includes an outline for funding, building upgrades and replacement, technology, and addresses safety and security need
2) College & Career Readiness
• 2.1 Develop and implement a systematic, cohesive, and comprehensive pre-kindergarten to twelfth-grade Career Education Program.
• 2.2 Develop and strengthen the district Professional Learning Community culture and practices.
• 2.3 Conduct an instructional time study that includes a review of the PK-12 scheduling structure.
3) Social & Emotional Supports for Students
• 3.1 Create a cohesive and systematic multi-tiered system of support framework for social-emotional learning.
4) Organizational Culture
• 4.1 Utilize a comprehensive continuous improvement process at the district, school, and program level to cultivate an organizational culture around growth, increased student achievement, and social-emotional development.
• 4.2 Reflect, analyze, and evaluate the Districts’ current culture and practices related to equity of education for all students.
• 4.3 Recruit, hire, and retain highly effective staff members that support the purpose and direction of the organization.