Members of the Board of Education for Ralston Public Schools (RPS) have selected McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development, to assist in selecting candidates for the Board to interview for the District’s open superintendent position. McPherson & Jacobson (www.macnjake.com) is one of the nation’s leading search firms and is based out of Omaha. McPherson & Jacobson has over 100 consultants located in 30+ states and has conducted over 750 successful searches since it began in 1991.
Skills and Characteristics
At the Board meeting held on Thursday, October 27th, RPS Board members discussed the skills and characteristics they are looking for in the next superintendent.
The discussion led to the following criteria listed below.
· A resilient, visionary leader who understands the culture and educational needs of our diverse student population and the community
· A community leader who is open-minded with a high level of integrity and able to collaborate with all stakeholders to build and maintain trust
· Strategic budgeting skills that build upon our long history of fiscal responsibility
· An innovative, inspirational, and data-driven instructional leader who can help us enhance and advance educational excellence from Early Childhood to College/Career Ready Programming
Below are some key dates for the Superintendent Search:
· Application deadline - December 7th
· Finalists selected - December 21st
· Interviews conducted - January 4th and 5th
· New hire to be made official by January 13th
· New hire to begin work on/about July 1st
RPS Informational Brochure