College & Career Readiness: Strategic Priority 2.1
Status: In Progress - 65% complete
• 2.1 Develop and implement a systematic, cohesive, and comprehensive pre-kindergarten to twelfth-grade Career Education Program.
- Develop an action plan for 9-12 Career Education programming. (Completed 2018-2019)
- Add 7th-8th grade to the Career Education Action Plan. (Completed 2019-2020)
- Create systems for customized senior internships. (Completed 2019 - 2020)
- Align the 7-12 grade College & Career Readiness classes. (Completed 2020-2021)
- Align the 7-12 Career & Technical Education offerings. (Timeline - 2021-2023)
- Offer programs of study in all 6 Career Fields. (Timeline - 2021-2023)
- Integrate Career Education awareness at the PK-6th level. (Timeline - 2022 - 2023)
Strategy Leader & Team Members
Dr. Josh Wilken (Leader), Dr. Cecilia Wilken, Blueprint Leadership Team, Department Heads, and CTE Department.
11/8/2021: This year we have initiated the College & Career Readiness class updates in 7-12th grade. Throughout this initial implementation we are making revisions and adjustments as needed.
We are beginning the Agriculture Program of Study in the second semester of the 2021-2022 school year with the initial course. We are also in the process of Greenhouse construction. The intermediate courses and program paths will be determined based on student interest over the summer of 2022.