Counseling Center Hours
Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 4:00pm
Attention Remote Learners! The counselors have set up virtual counseling time on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays from 2:35 pm - 3:15 pm. If you have a question for a counselor or need to check in, please click on the following links:
Monday - Mr. Burling: Here
Tuesday - Mrs. Maly: Here
Friday - Mrs. Sedlak: Here
NOTE: This section is for students and families as they plan their four years at Ralston High School. For college and/or career information, ACT/SAT testing dates, and more, please visit the "College and Career Center" section.
About RHS Counseling
Ralston High School's Counseling staff is dedicated to providing every student with the knowledge and skills necessary for academic success and personal growth. We are committed to helping students reach their full potential in academics, careers, personal and social skills in school and beyond. Our mission, as student advocates, is to provide a comprehensive guidance program to assist all students in becoming independent individuals with the knowledge and attitudes to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
The counselor a student sees is determined by the first letter of their last name. For more information, click 'Meet Your Counselors' on the left side of this page.
Schedule An Appointment with a Counselor
To schedule a time to visit with a counselor about a personal matter, please fill out this Google Form. A counselor will contact you by the end of the next school day to schedule a meeting.
Counseling Team Philosophy
- All students are capable of learning.
- All students, when given proper support from the counseling program, can achieve success.
- The Ralston High School Counseling program is flexible and open to meet the needs of all students, regardless of background or learning styles.
- The Ralston High School Counseling staff is committed to providing excellent academic, career, personal and social services to all students.
- The Ralston High School Counseling program is an integral part of the education program to support academic achievement.
- As society changes, the Ralston High School Counseling program will be prepared to evaluate and adapt as needed.
- The Ralston High School professional school counselors have a responsibility to advocate for systemic change when current needs of the students are not being met.