Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Information and Resources for Ralston Public School Staff and Families
Ralston Public Schools is committed to the health and safety of our staff and students. This webpage is provided as a communication resource for families and staff and will be updated on a regular basis.
School Closure Information
Ralston Public Schools is curretly closed through the end of the school year (May 31, 2020).
** Update - Thursday, April 9, 2020 Letter to Families **
• Click HERE to read the District message sent to elementary and middle school families on Thursday, April 2nd.
• Click HERE to read the District message sent to high school families on Thursday, April 2nd.
• Haga clic AQUÍ para leer el mensaje del Distrito enviado a las familias de primaria y secundaria el jueves 2 de abril.
• Haga clic AQUÍ para leer el mensaje del Distrito enviado a las familias de la escuela secundaria el jueves 2 de abril.
Click HERE to read the District message sent to RPS families on Tuesday, March 17.
Click HERE to read the District message sent to RPS families on Friday, March 13.
Learning Opportunities for Students - Click HERE
Providing access for learning opportunities for students is important to Ralston Public Schools. We encourage students to stay engaged throughout this time away from school.
** UPDATE - Thursday, March 26 Message to Families **
Messages are in both English and Spanish. (Los mensajes están en inglés y español.)
• Click HERE to view the message emailed to Pre-Kindergarten through Sixth-Grade Families
• Click HERE to view the message emailed to Ralston Middle School Families
• Click HERE to view the message emailed Ralston High School Families
Thursday, March 19 Message to Families About Learning Opportunities
• Click HERE to view the message emailed to Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth-Grade Families.
• Click HERE to view the message emailed to Ninth-Grade through Eleventh-Grade Families.
• Click HERE to view the message emailed to Ralston High School Senior Families.
Retrieving Student Personal Items and Return of School Owned Items
Plans for Elementary Students (Pre-K through Sixth-Grade)
If you were unable to pick up your students personal items or return school owned items on April 2nd and 3rd, please contact your building principal to make special arrangements.
Plans for Ralston High School
Students with medication and items remaining in their lockers are asked to pick up those materials on Tuesday, April 7th from 1-3 pm and Wednesday, April 8th from 4-6 pm.
• Items remaining in lockers have been bagged and labeled.
• Please limit the number of people to one student or one adult picking up materials from school.
• Individuals may drive to the school's back parking lot, accessible from 90th street, and pull up to the curb next to Door 22.
• This will be a curbside pickup process as we will have staff waiting ready to return your materials.
• We will also accommodate walkup traffic. We ask to please keep the recommended 6 feet of space between you and the next person in line. Those picking up materials, please do not congregate at or near the school with other families, staff or students. If you or any member of your family is not healthy, please stay home. We will work with you to fgure out a way to get your family those items.
At this time, students are also being asked to return:
• Textbooks or library books not currently needed to complete on-line coursework
• Any uniforms or equipment checked out by athletic teams or activity groups
Please note: musical instruments DO NOT need to be returned at this time.
If you are unable to make the two scheduled dates, you must contact the Ralston High School office at 402-331-7373 before April 10th.
Plans for Ralson Middle School
District Leaders and Middle School Administration are currently developing plans for students to be able to bring their personal items home. These plans will be communicated to families within the next several weeks.
Food Distribution for Students in Need
** Updated April 1, 2020 **
Specific Information About Our Food Distribution Sites
• Providing support for all of our students and staff is always a top priority.
• Pick-up locations for both breakfast and lunch
- Ralston High School - 8969 Park Drive (food distribution at Ralston High School will move from the main entrance to the back of the building. Food distribution will now be done out of DOOR #22, right off of the cafeteria. Families can access the new location by turning into the school's back parking lot off of 90th Street and follow the signs to the door.)
- Ralston Middle School - 8202 Lakeview St. (food distribution at Ralston Middle School will take place out of the main entrance of the school)
• Days and Hours:
• Monday through Thursday, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm each day. Each Thursday, families will be able to pick up two meals for each child to help cover meals through Thursday and Friday.
• Meals will be Grab and Go. Asking students to take their food home to limit the amount of people gathering in these locations.
• All individuals under the age of 19 are able to receive breakfast and lunch at no cost.
• We please ask that young children be accompanied by an adult as we will not have staffing available for supervision beyond our food service staff.
Click HERE to read the District message sent to RPS families on Saturday, March 14 about food distribution sites for students in need.
Click HERE to read the English version of the District message sent to RPS families on Monday, March 23 regarding this change.
Haga clic AQUÍ para leer la versión en español del mensaje del Distrito enviado a las familias de RPS el lunes 23 de marzo con respecto a este cambio.
Additional Resources for Food
Click HERE to view a list of the April Mobile Food Pantries offered through the Food Bank for the Heartland.
Click on the links below to access a PDF document providing links to community resources in a variety of different categories.
Cox Communications offers low-cost home internet for families who qualify. As we provide opportunities for students to remain engaged in learning while school is closed, we want to make you aware of this resource. Click here to learn more.