My child has a mild hearing loss. Does she or he have to attend a center-based program?

Posted by:

Great question.  Each child is unique in the impact that a hearing loss has on his or her access to language and learning.  Children with milder degrees of loss can be provided educational service from an itinerant or traveling teacher of the deaf and hard of hearing.  The level of service and where the service is provided is decided by the child's Individual Education Plan (IEP) team of which the parents are a member.